Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lampang's Market (One of Them)


If you like curry, this would be heaven.

Ah, lemon grass! I wonder if it would grow in Mad River.

And there are stacks and stacks of eggs. There are
almost always brown. Later we learn about pink
(fermented 30 days) and white (salted 30 days)

These guys fit cozily in their little steamer boxes.
I've been noticing this arrangement at several other
towns in Thailand this trip. I'm not sure how they
are prepared or how they taste. They seem popular tho.

Realizing I hadn't taken my requisite "fish market
photo" in Thailand yet. It all started in 1999 in Tokyo.
Then of course: Bergen, Norway, New York, San Francisco,
Dubai --all those fishy places. Here we are eyeing
the squid (pla mouk) At least they don't "eye" back.
Maybe we can find a restaurant that will serve it
later that evening -- stay tuned.

No comments: